Groups | Search | Server Info | Keyboard shortcuts | Login | Register [http] [https] [nntp] [nntps]
Groups > comp.lang.forth > #60797
| From | Alex <alex@rivadpm.com> |
|---|---|
| Newsgroups | comp.lang.forth |
| Subject | Re: Another recognizer discussion |
| Date | 2017-06-15 22:20 +0100 |
| Organization | A noiseless patient Spider |
| Message-ID | <ohutgh$huu$1@dont-email.me> (permalink) |
| References | (15 earlier) <594164a9.606606986@news.eternal-september.org> <bb5d9533-db55-4c9b-a12c-224773ece6c1@googlegroups.com> <5942c0ea.53530947@news.eternal-september.org> <ohuh5q$1te$1@dont-email.me> <5942dc09.60474427@news.eternal-september.org> |
On 6/15/2017 20:22, Stephen Pelc wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Jun 2017 18:50:11 +0100, Alex <alex@rivadpm.com> wrote:
>
>> This may be a spectacularly dim observation, but is that not exactly
>> what the recognizer proposal does?
>
> No. Recognisers are an implementation method for parsers. They
> don't cure cancer or fix Forth standards. What I want to
> discuss is standards for defining words with different
> interpretation and compilation actions. This is a pre-RFD
> discussion.
>
> Consider how to implement a version of ." that works in both
> interpretation and compilation states. We'll just ignore the
> STATE-smart version because we know that it has problems.
>
> One solution is provided and documented in VFX.
> : ." \ "ccc<quote>" --
> \ *G Output the text up to the closing double-quotes character.
> [char] " word $.
> ;
> comp: ( xt -- ) drop postpone (.") ", ;
>
> The colon definition is the normal interpretation behaviour.
>
> COMP: sets the compilation behaviour of the last word compiled
> and whose xt is provided as a parameter. The action is what
> follows up to the semi-colon.
>
> With this notation there is no need for ." to be IMMEDIATE.
>
> Stephen
>
Ah, I see, apologies. I have this;
: ." ( -<string">- -- )
[char] " parse type
compiles> ( xt -- ) drop
postpone s" postpone type ;
The xt returned by COMPILES> is the interpretation semantics. IMMEDIATE
is the equivalent of ... COMPILES> EXECUTE ;
There are also
: compiles ( xt1 xt2 -- ) ... ; \ set the compile field of xt2 to xt1
: compiles-me ( xt -- ) ... ; \ sets xt as compilation for last name
\ defined
--
Alex
Back to comp.lang.forth | Previous | Next — Previous in thread | Next in thread | Find similar | Unroll thread
Another recognizer discussion Alex <alex@rivadpm.com> - 2017-05-29 20:47 +0100
Re: Another recognizer discussion Alex <alex@rivadpm.com> - 2017-05-29 20:57 +0100
Re: Another recognizer discussion peter.m.falth@gmail.com - 2017-05-29 13:18 -0700
Re: Another recognizer discussion Alex <alex@rivadpm.com> - 2017-05-29 22:47 +0100
Re: Another recognizer discussion anton@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at (Anton Ertl) - 2017-05-30 07:43 +0000
Re: Another recognizer discussion anton@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at (Anton Ertl) - 2017-05-30 07:30 +0000
Re: Another recognizer discussion albert@cherry.spenarnc.xs4all.nl (Albert van der Horst) - 2017-05-30 09:53 +0200
Re: Another recognizer discussion Alex <alex@rivadpm.com> - 2017-05-30 22:02 +0100
Re: Another recognizer discussion peter.m.falth@gmail.com - 2017-05-31 01:27 -0700
Re: Another recognizer discussion Alex <alex@rivadpm.com> - 2017-05-31 15:12 +0100
Re: Another recognizer discussion minforth@arcor.de - 2017-05-31 03:43 -0700
Re: Another recognizer discussion Alex <alex@rivadpm.com> - 2017-05-31 15:03 +0100
Re: Another recognizer discussion anton@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at (Anton Ertl) - 2017-05-31 16:46 +0000
Re: Another recognizer discussion anton@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at (Anton Ertl) - 2017-05-31 11:28 +0000
Re: Another recognizer discussion anton@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at (Anton Ertl) - 2017-05-31 12:17 +0000
Re: Another recognizer discussion Alex <alex@rivadpm.com> - 2017-05-31 15:10 +0100
Re: Another recognizer discussion mhx@iae.nl - 2017-05-31 11:01 -0700
Re: Another recognizer discussion stephen@mpeforth.com (Stephen Pelc) - 2017-05-31 22:55 +0000
Re: Another recognizer discussion anton@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at (Anton Ertl) - 2017-06-01 05:50 +0000
Re: Another recognizer discussion minforth@arcor.de - 2017-05-31 23:57 -0700
Re: Another recognizer discussion anton@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at (Anton Ertl) - 2017-06-01 09:08 +0000
Re: Another recognizer discussion minforth@arcor.de - 2017-06-01 03:33 -0700
Re: Another recognizer discussion stephen@mpeforth.com (Stephen Pelc) - 2017-06-01 09:05 +0000
Re: Another recognizer discussion Alex <alex@rivadpm.com> - 2017-06-01 15:05 +0100
Re: Another recognizer discussion Andrew Haley <andrew29@littlepinkcloud.invalid> - 2017-06-01 10:05 -0500
Re: Another recognizer discussion Alex <alex@rivadpm.com> - 2017-06-01 16:32 +0100
Re: Another recognizer discussion Brad Eckert <hwfwguy@gmail.com> - 2017-06-01 09:31 -0700
Re: Another recognizer discussion Alex <alex@rivadpm.com> - 2017-06-01 19:00 +0100
Re: Another recognizer discussion stephen@mpeforth.com (Stephen Pelc) - 2017-06-04 22:56 +0000
Re: Another recognizer discussion Alex <alex@rivadpm.com> - 2017-06-05 14:41 +0100
Re: Another recognizer discussion Andrew Haley <andrew29@littlepinkcloud.invalid> - 2017-06-02 03:07 -0500
Re: Another recognizer discussion anton@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at (Anton Ertl) - 2017-06-10 16:28 +0000
Re: Another recognizer discussion Andrew Haley <andrew29@littlepinkcloud.invalid> - 2017-06-11 02:14 -0500
Re: Another recognizer discussion anton@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at (Anton Ertl) - 2017-06-11 10:55 +0000
Re: Another recognizer discussion Andrew Haley <andrew29@littlepinkcloud.invalid> - 2017-06-12 03:22 -0500
Re: Another recognizer discussion anton@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at (Anton Ertl) - 2017-06-13 15:21 +0000
Re: Another recognizer discussion Andrew Haley <andrew29@littlepinkcloud.invalid> - 2017-06-14 04:10 -0500
Re: Another recognizer discussion anton@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at (Anton Ertl) - 2017-06-15 10:43 +0000
Re: Another recognizer discussion Andrew Haley <andrew29@littlepinkcloud.invalid> - 2017-06-15 09:11 -0500
Re: Another recognizer discussion minforth@arcor.de - 2017-06-14 02:55 -0700
Re: Another recognizer discussion anton@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at (Anton Ertl) - 2017-06-14 10:19 +0000
Re: Another recognizer discussion minforth@arcor.de - 2017-06-14 05:44 -0700
Re: Another recognizer discussion stephen@mpeforth.com (Stephen Pelc) - 2017-06-14 14:27 +0000
Re: Another recognizer discussion minforth@arcor.de - 2017-06-14 08:06 -0700
Re: Another recognizer discussion stephen@mpeforth.com (Stephen Pelc) - 2017-06-14 16:36 +0000
Re: Another recognizer discussion Brad Eckert <hwfwguy@gmail.com> - 2017-06-15 09:48 -0700
Re: Another recognizer discussion stephen@mpeforth.com (Stephen Pelc) - 2017-06-15 17:18 +0000
Re: Another recognizer discussion Alex <alex@rivadpm.com> - 2017-06-15 18:50 +0100
Re: Another recognizer discussion stephen@mpeforth.com (Stephen Pelc) - 2017-06-15 19:22 +0000
Re: Another recognizer discussion minforth@arcor.de - 2017-06-15 13:09 -0700
Re: Another recognizer discussion Brad Eckert <hwfwguy@gmail.com> - 2017-06-15 13:43 -0700
Re: Another recognizer discussion Lars Brinkhoff <lars.spam@nocrew.org> - 2017-06-15 22:55 +0200
Re: Another recognizer discussion Alex <alex@rivadpm.com> - 2017-06-15 22:20 +0100
pre-Rfd for smart word definition mechanism (was: Another ...) anton@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at (Anton Ertl) - 2017-06-16 17:04 +0000
Re: pre-Rfd for smart word definition mechanism (was: Another ...) stephen@mpeforth.com (Stephen Pelc) - 2017-06-16 21:58 +0000
Re: pre-Rfd for smart word definition mechanism (was: Another ...) JennyB <jennybrien@googlemail.com> - 2017-06-17 00:26 -0700
Re: pre-Rfd for smart word definition mechanism (was: Another ...) minforth@arcor.de - 2017-06-17 01:18 -0700
Re: pre-Rfd for smart word definition mechanism (was: Another ...) anton@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at (Anton Ertl) - 2017-06-17 15:24 +0000
Re: pre-Rfd for smart word definition mechanism (was: Another ...) JennyB <jennybrien@googlemail.com> - 2017-06-17 12:29 -0700
Re: pre-Rfd for smart word definition mechanism (was: Another ...) anton@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at (Anton Ertl) - 2017-06-18 12:29 +0000
Re: pre-Rfd for smart word definition mechanism (was: Another ...) albert@cherry.spenarnc.xs4all.nl (Albert van der Horst) - 2017-06-18 16:47 +0200
Re: pre-Rfd for smart word definition mechanism (was: Another ...) anton@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at (Anton Ertl) - 2017-06-17 10:20 +0000
Re: Another recognizer discussion Brad Eckert <hwfwguy@gmail.com> - 2017-06-15 13:01 -0700
Re: Another recognizer discussion anton@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at (Anton Ertl) - 2017-06-16 16:55 +0000
Re: Another recognizer discussion stephen@mpeforth.com (Stephen Pelc) - 2017-06-16 17:40 +0000
Re: Another recognizer discussion anton@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at (Anton Ertl) - 2017-06-16 16:47 +0000
Re: Another recognizer discussion Brad Eckert <hwfwguy@gmail.com> - 2017-06-15 10:34 -0700
Re: Another recognizer discussion anton@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at (Anton Ertl) - 2017-06-17 17:35 +0000
Re: Another recognizer discussion peter.m.falth@gmail.com - 2017-06-17 15:24 -0700
Re: Another recognizer discussion anton@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at (Anton Ertl) - 2017-06-18 12:00 +0000
Re: Another recognizer discussion anton@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at (Anton Ertl) - 2017-06-16 12:29 +0000
Re: Another recognizer discussion anton@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at (Anton Ertl) - 2017-06-16 07:35 +0000
Re: Another recognizer discussion stephen@mpeforth.com (Stephen Pelc) - 2017-06-11 10:39 +0000
Re: Another recognizer discussion Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> - 2017-06-11 07:19 -0500
Re: Another recognizer discussion anton@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at (Anton Ertl) - 2017-06-13 14:04 +0000
Re: Another recognizer discussion stephen@mpeforth.com (Stephen Pelc) - 2017-06-14 12:50 +0000
Re: Another recognizer discussion anton@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at (Anton Ertl) - 2017-06-15 16:19 +0000
Re: Another recognizer discussion anton@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at (Anton Ertl) - 2017-06-02 07:59 +0000
Re: Another recognizer discussion Lars Brinkhoff <lars.spam@nocrew.org> - 2017-06-02 11:48 +0200
Re: Another recognizer discussion anton@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at (Anton Ertl) - 2017-06-02 10:24 +0000
Re: Another recognizer discussion Lars Brinkhoff <lars.spam@nocrew.org> - 2017-06-02 13:04 +0200
Re: Another recognizer discussion anton@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at (Anton Ertl) - 2017-06-02 13:30 +0000
Re: Another recognizer discussion Lars Brinkhoff <lars.spam@nocrew.org> - 2017-06-02 16:36 +0200
Re: Another recognizer discussion anton@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at (Anton Ertl) - 2017-06-02 15:51 +0000
Re: Another recognizer discussion Lars Brinkhoff <lars.spam@nocrew.org> - 2017-06-02 21:09 +0200
Re: Another recognizer discussion anton@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at (Anton Ertl) - 2017-06-01 15:55 +0000
Re: Another recognizer discussion anton@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at (Anton Ertl) - 2017-06-01 14:21 +0000
Re: Another recognizer discussion stephen@mpeforth.com (Stephen Pelc) - 2017-06-04 23:07 +0000
Re: Another recognizer discussion anton@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at (Anton Ertl) - 2017-06-10 15:49 +0000
Re: Another recognizer discussion stephen@mpeforth.com (Stephen Pelc) - 2017-06-11 11:14 +0000
Re: Another recognizer discussion minforth@arcor.de - 2017-06-11 08:24 -0700
Re: Another recognizer discussion anton@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at (Anton Ertl) - 2017-06-13 15:07 +0000
Re: Another recognizer discussion Alex <alex@rivadpm.com> - 2017-06-01 12:11 +0100
Re: Another recognizer discussion Matthias Trute <matthias.trute@gmail.com> - 2017-05-30 11:03 -0700
csiph-web